By: James Simpson
DC Independent Examiner
The Conservative Treehouse has done yeoman’s work exposing the Obama administration’s many machinations over the manufactured border crisis. In a report published at Accuracy in Media earlier this month, I described how the Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) program of the Department of Health and Human Services has exploded, spending almost $700 million so far this year, more than double that of 2013. Much of the information described in that report was initially dug up by the Treehouse.
As we described in the report, many of these “children” were not in fact children, but young men and women, many of whom were gang members or being actively recruited by gangs. Largely unreported were the 200,000 plus illegal alien families accompanying these youths. The Treehouse has now uncovered evidence of deliberate manipulation of the UAC numbers conducted by the Obama administration.
The U.S. Border Patrol has reported apprehension of 57,525 UACs in 2014, almost double the 2013 number. However another agency, the Executive Office for Immigration Review is tasked with actually confirming these numbers. It counts a total of 20,814, only slightly more than 2013, (20,778), and once again, most of these are not the young children the media has been showing heart-rending photos of. The fact is that there is no crisis of young, unaccompanied children flooding the border. There are entire families flooding the border.
By: Nelson Abdullah
Conscience of a Conservative
Almost every conservative web site has been prominently running ads saying “Defeat the King of Filibusters – Retire Mitch McConnell” along with a click-able button asking readers to “Sign the petition”. This blog does not carry any advertisements because I don’t want someone else deciding what to put here but many sites depend on the income generated by these ads and have no say about it. And it is quite odd that the same ad is showing up on so many supposedly pro-Republican web sites.
Here is a clue to those who are inclined not to think too deeply about things. The ads must be backed by Democrats because they are the sole beneficiaries. The Republican Primary is over and Mitch McConnell won. The Tea Party candidate lost. I supported and voted for Matt Bevin but he didn’t get enough votes. Now its time to put aside our differences. So my message to Kentucky Republicans and Tea Party supporters is: Get over it.
In two months we go into the election booths and everyone gets to vote for the candidate of our choice. You can vote for the Republican or you can vote for the Democrat or you can vote for the Libertarian. The race is fairly close between the Republican and the Democrat so every vote counts. The Libertarian is polling only 6-7%, hardly enough to win but more than enough to help the Democrats win. If previous elections elsewhere are a clue, the Libertarian will probably get a lot of financial support from the Democrats to gain exposure and grab a few votes, and if lucky, maybe just enough to tilt the results to the Democrat. That is why the Democrats give a lot of backdoor support to the Libertarians. So if you want to take the U.S. Senate away from Democrat Harry Reid your only choice is to vote for Republican Mitch McConnell in Kentucky and to vote for the Republican candidate in your own state.
This is a crucial election. If there is a successful effort in the House of Representatives to impeach Barack Hussein Obama for his crimes against the Constitution, by law the impeachment trial will be held in the Senate. We must also have a veto-proof Republican majority in the Senate to stop Obama’s attack on American Laws and our Sovereignty. The Democrats are desperate to make millions of illegal immigrants into Democrat-voting U.S. Citizens. If he gets away with this the Republicans will never win another national election.
My name is Nelson Abdullah and I am Oldironsides.
By: Dick Manasseri
Pride Parades have become the vogue for the “Look at me, I’m a celebrity” crowd that now rules pop-culture and its romance with Reality TV.
The MI GOP Convention last weekend, staged like a mindless reality TV show, solidified the MI GOP squarely in the ranks of the Progressive-Pride Parade marching across America.
Scripted to look genuine but only if you believe that professional wrestling and reality TV are real – Much ado about Nothing – No mention of the MI GOP’s repeated violations of the Republican Party Platform – Little if any grappling with the important threats to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness that we face as citizens of Michigan.
A token gesture to the heroic campaign of Wes Nakagiri and his Constutionalist supporters may have been the last hurrah for the Tea Party/Libertarian coalition within the Progressive GOP, calls for unity notwithstanding.
The worldwide Progressive Movement intent on fundamentally transforming America by any means possible was clearly the big winner in the GOP Primary and at the GOP Convention. The Big-Government Big-Money crowd was on display led by the Chamber of Commerce candidates in the Primary and Rick Snyder and Ron Weiser at the Convention.
Big-Money enabled David Trott to take out the incumbent Constitutionalist, Kerry Bentivolio. Constitutionalist Tom McMillin, term-limited in the MI House, was beaten by Chamber of Commerce and moderate-Mike-Rogers endorsed Mike Bishop, a favorite of the GOP Establishment.
Big-Money former national GOP Finance Committee Chair Ron Weiser was able to entice national conservative leaders to visibly support his campaign for the less important post of U of M Regent just two weeks after they passed on the opportunity to support Constitutionalists Bentivolio and McMillin for much more important posts within the US Congress at a time of national peril.
(Allen West actually worked the Convention floor with Weiser. Ted Cruz made multiple appearances with Weiser in Michigan days before the Convention. Rand Paul showed his support for Weiser via video. Why support Weiser to this degree after showing no support for Bentivolio and McMillin for Congress?)
The Establishment GOP won the day handily despite its unpopular positions on Amnesty, Medicaid expansion and Common Core – litmus tests all for the Progressive Movement.
Rick Snyder and his GOP actively want amnesty for their Chamber of Commerce funders. Rick Snyder and his GOP want the Big Money offered by their Progressive Partners in D.C. to fund Medicaid expansion and Common Core. Rick Snyder and his GOP want the Big Money provided by the Devos-led LGBT-Pride Parade marchers. (Watch to see if the payoff is an extension to the Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Laws to include “sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression” before the end of the year.) Rick Snyder and his GOP want the Big Money offered by Islamist groups to ensure that Islam is promoted as a religion of peace and that large-scale immigration of Middle Eastern Muslims into Michigan is fast-tracked despite growing concerns about Jihad returning to America.
Rick Snyder and his GOP have assumed their rightful positions in the Progressive-Pride Parade which makes them part of the Enemies Within for Constitutionalists across Michigan. Tea Party and Libertarian support for Snyder-Calley is not a given. Can Snyder win without them? Can Big-Money make up for the base that stays home on Election Day?
We salute former Navy Seal Dom Raso.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- The Noisy Room – China Conducts Provocative Aerial Buzz On American Military Aircraft
- The Independent Sentinel – They want our guns while giving submachine guns to the USDA
- Joshuapundit – Blackgammon: Eric Holder Plays the Game in Ferguson
- The Right Planet – Noose Tightening On Jihadi John
- Simply Jews – Turkey – ISIS – US – a tough love/hate triangle for State Department
- The Razor – Dawkins Advocates Abortion of Gays, Blondes and Brits
- The Glittering Eye – Not As Simple As Black and White
- Rhymes With Right – Grand Jury That Indicted Rick Perry Was Stacked With Partisan Democrats
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Dopey WNJ Letter of the Week
- VA Right! – Obama’s Foreign Policy is Libertarian Lite
- Bookworm Room – A very funny video about American blacks that highlights the horrible thing mainstream American culture has done to them
- Nice Deb – Watch Obama’s Rousing Speech That Brought Military Vets To Their Feet (Video)
- Ask Marion – Gutfeld: Evil Grew Because We Let It and Obama on the Golf Course
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Arab Air Forces
- MidKnight Review – Why Obama cannot win the war on terror.
- The Political Commentator – This Is What Hamas Supporters/Jew-Israel Haters Are Really Telling Us!
- The Pirate’s Cove – Charles Krauthammer: Semi-Retired President Dithers Too Much
- Seraphic Secret – How to Resolve an IslamoNazi Hostage Crisis In One Easy Lesson</li>
- Mark Steyn – The Face Of The Tiger submitted by The Noisy Room
- Washington Examiner – NFL could pull Super Bowl if Arizona religious rights bill passes submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Freedom Outpost – There is a Time to Hate & a Time for War submitted by The Right Planet
- Matti Friedman/Tablet – An Insider’s Guide to the Most Important Story on Earth submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Elder Of Ziyon – Yaacov Lozowick’s short defense of Israel at Mondoweiss submitted by Simply Jews
- Russell Crandall/The American Interest – US Entering New Era of Dirty Wars? submitted by The Razor
- Paul Sanders/The National Interest – Barack Obama Is Not a Realist submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Doug Ross@Journal – Randall Stevens — Hollywood’s Secret Love Affair with Islamofascism submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Discriminations – Unconscious Devotion To Colorblindness submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- New America – When Local Police Become a “Standing Army” submitted by VA Right!
- Mark Lavie/The Tower – Why Everything Reported from Gaza is Crazy Twisted submitted by Bookworm Room
- David Horowitz/Red State – The Hell That Is The Obama White House submitted by Nice Deb
- Tony Lee/Breitbart – On Monday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown said all Mexicans, including illegal immigrants, are welcome in California submitted by Ask Marion
- Jonah Goldberg/NRO – The West’s Gaza submitted by The Watcher
- Jay Sekulow/FOX – IRS scandal: Obama administration strategy = delay, derail, deceive submitted by The Watcher