The Watcher’s Council
Day by Day Cartoon
In view of recent events…
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
This week, The Pirate’s Cove, Wolf Howling, Gates Of Vienna and Seraphic Secret earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an email address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week…
- The Noisy Room – Vapid Musings At Vox And Why The American Revolution Was NOT A Mistake
- Don Surber – The real reason “Dukes of Hazzard” offends the loony left
- The Right Planet – Mesmerized by the Bear: The Great Soviet Deception
- Puma By Design – BANNED: University of Wisconsin Ordains Phrase “Everybody Can Succeed” Racist Among Others
- Joshuapundit – Greece’s New Trojan Horse, And What It Means To America
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Aegypt’s Epic Fail
- The Glittering Eye – “Deutschland Über Alles“
- Ask Marion – Beating the Odds Part Two
- VA Right! – Dave Brat’s Advisor Phil Rapp Retires (Again!)
- The Independent Sentinel – Chicago’s Strict Gun Laws Show Promise, Only 64 People Shot Over July 4th Weekend
- The Razor – Time To Stand Up Against the Morality Police (Once Again)
- Nice Deb – Sweet Cakes By Melissa Refuses to Comply With Gag Order
- Bookworm Room – Wifebeater Patriotism
- Rhymes With Right – Another Religious Double Standard
- The Pirate’s Cove – Chutzpah: White House Attempts To Blame GOP For Murder Of Woman In San Francisco By Illegal Alien
- Wolf Howling – July 4th, 1776 – The Declaration of Independence
- Gates Of Vienna – Vanderbilt University Bribes Jew-Hater With Fully Paid Tuition
- Seraphic Secret – How to Con America and Get a Nuclear Bomb
- Tom Tancredo/Breitbart – Independence Day, Time to Think Radical Thoughts submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Free Beacon – FLASHBACK: Clinton Son-in-Law Bet Big on Greek Recovery submitted by Don Surber
- The Interpreter – Russia has Reached Its Own Very Different ‘End of History’ and West has Failed to Recognize This, Pavlova Says submitted by The Right Planet
- Judicial Watch – New Documents Reveal DOJ, IRS, and FBI Plan to Seek Criminal Charges of Obama Opponents submitted by Puma By Design
- Victor Davis Hanson – Is the World Becoming Fed Up? submitted by Joshuapundit
- Charles Johnson/Ramen IR – NATO Does Not Need to Expand Again submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Zenpundit – Intellectuals and their Romance with Political Barbarism submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Tea Party News Network – ‘Lollipop Guild’ of RINO’s Goes On Attack; Trump Bites Back submitted by Ask Marion
- Red Alert Politics – Occupy Democrats thinks a Mexican laborer destroys Trump’s position. 14 dead Americans say otherwise.submitted by VA Right!
- Walter Williams/FrontPageMag – Fiddling Away the Future of Black Americans submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Jim Goad/Taki’s Magazine – Redefining “Hate” as “Terrorism” submitted by The Razor
- Bill Whittle, PJTV – Pin the Tale on the Donkey: Democrats’ Horrible Racist Past submitted by Nice Deb
- Rich Lowry/NRO – The Ignorant Freakout over Clarence Thomas submitted by Bookworm Room
- Robert Tracinski, Benjamin Domenech/The Federalist – Welcome To Culture War 4.0: The Coming Overreach submitted by The Watcher
- Caroline Glick – The Iranian-American Nuclear Project submitted by The Watcher
- Bill O’Reilly/FOX – The Obama Administration Is Complicit In Murder of Kate Steinle submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter… ’cause we’re cool like that! And don’t forget to tune in Friday for the results…